Cisco ASA-SSM-CSC-10-K9, Cisco ASA 5500 Series CSC-SSM-10 (50-User Antivirus, Anti-Spyware
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series Content Security and Control Security Services Module (CSC-SSM) delivers industry-leading threat protection and content control at the Internet edge providing comprehensive antivirus, anti-spyware, file blocking, anti-spam, anti-phishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering, all available in a comprehensive easy-to-manage solution delivered by industry leaders. The CSC-SSM bolsters the Cisco ASA 5500 Series’ strong security capabilities providing customers with additional protection and control over the content of their business communications. The service module provides additional flexibility and choice over the functionality and deployment of Cisco’s award-winning Cisco ASA 5500 Series Family of appliances.
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series CSC-SSM helps businesses more effectively protect their networks, increase network availability, and increase employee productivity through the following elements:
• Comprehensive malware protection: Incorporates Trend Micro’s award-winning antivirus and anti-spyware technologies. The CSC-SSM can prevent virtually all known malicious code from entering and propagating across the network. This helps prevent disruption of business critical applications and services, prevent valuable key systems and employee downtime and reduce the costly process of cleaning up after an infection.
• Advanced content filtering: Integrates URL filtering, content filtering and anti-phishing technology that helps protect the business and individual employees from the theft of confidential information as well as reduce potential legal liabilities associated with content in violation of network use policies. It can also aid businesses comply with network content regulations such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and the Data Protection Act.
• Integrated message security: Integrates anti-spam technology that removes the vast majority of unsolicited e-mail before it gets to the mail server, increasing employee productivity and preventing wastage of valuable network bandwidth and storage resources.
• Customization and tuning capabilities: Provides administrators with the ability to customize control over spam and content functions to suit specific corporate policies or network environments.
• Ease of management and automatic update capabilities: Ships with intelligent default settings and an intuitive interface integrated with the ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) to ease initial configuration, deployment and ongoing operations. Automatic updates of all CSC-SSM components including scanning engines and pattern files, ensures that the network is always protected against the latest threats with minimal administrative effort.
Cisco ASA 5500 CSC-SSM provides a wealth of security and control capabilities including those detailed in Table 1.
Feature and Benefits for the CSC-SSM
|Antivirus||Award-winning antivirus technology shields internal network resources from virus attacks at the most effective point in your infrastructure, the Internet gateway. Cleaning e-mail and Internet web traffic at the perimeter helps ensures business continuity and eliminates the need for resource intensive malware infection clean-ups.|
|Anti-Spyware||Blocks spyware from entering the network through Internet web and e-mail traffic. Frees up IT support resources from costly spyware removal procedures and improves employee productivity by blocking spyware at the gateway.|
|Anti-Spam||Effectively blocks spam with extremely low false positives, helping to maintain the effectiveness of e-mail communications, so contact with customers, vendors, and partners continues uninterrupted and without distraction.|
|Anti-Phishing||Protection against spoofed identity and sourcing guards against phishing attacks thereby preventing employees from inadvertently disclosing company or personal details which can often lead to financial loss.|
|Automatic Updates from TrendLabs||Backed and supported by one of the largest teams of virus, spyware and spam experts in the industry, working 24×7 to ensure that your solution is providing the most up to date protection, automatically.|
|Central Administration||Easy “set-and-forget” administration through a remotely accessible Web-console and automated updates reduces deployment time and effort as well as recurring IT support costs.|
|Real-Time Protection for Web Access, Mail and File Transfers||Even if company e-mail is already protected, many employees will access their own private Webmail from company PCs or laptops introducing another entry point for Internet-borne threats. Employees may also directly download programs or files that may be contaminated. Real-time protection of all Web traffic at the Internet gateway greatly reduces this often-overlooked point of vulnerability.|
|Full URL Filtering Capability with Categories, Scheduling and Caching||URL filtering can be used to control employee Internet usage by blocking access to inappropriate or non-work-related websites, thereby improving employee productivity and limiting the risk of legal action being taken by employees exposed to offensive Web content.|
|E-Mail Content Filtering||E-mail filtering minimizes legal liability due to exposure to offensive material transferred by e-mail and enforces regulatory compliance, helping organizations meet the requirements of legislation such as Graham Leach Bliley and the Data Protection Act.|
All Level4 network products are rigorously tested and certified to be new or in like-new condition. Our end user customers are given our Level4-certified, lifetime, advanced replacement warranty on all network products* within the first year of purchase. In most cases, same-day shipping is available. For added support we also offer our Netshield extended maintenance plan.
*Lifetime warranty includes 1-year advanced replacement. After the first year, you can send the item back to Level4, and we will repair or replace it within 14 days of receipt. Resellers subject to 90-day warranty.
30-Day Return Policy (subject to 25% restock fee).
An RMA is required for all returns. Contact us at 1.888.493.5997 for an RMA number. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs and insurance. Upon satisfactory inspection, products returned for refunds will be subject to a 25% restocking fee in addition to shipping costs.
Extended warranty options are available.
Not responsible for software.